Tuesday, November 6, 2007

8020 for Grocery Shopping

Shopping at 4 or 5 stores to buy grocery is a big waste of time. Where ever you have Walmart or similar stores, which matches competition called "PriceMatch", use it. I use it at Walmart effectively. It saves me quite a bit of time and money as well. I combine it with seasonal item purchases. skinless boneless chicken sells for $4.29/lb at Walmart (family pack) and with "PriceMatch" you can get it for $1.89. Corona Beer is usually $13.99 for 12 pack and you can get it for $10.99 with a PriceMatch when other stores sell them. All of these savings save you time and money. 20% of the items you need will not available for PriceMatch. Even if it is few pennies more it is worth buying there and finish shopping so you don't have to waste time driving around. Walmart drug prices are reasonably cheap. They use the pharmacies as a Loss leader as I see it. I also get the oil changed while I am shopping, tires rotated (life time balancing is great too), and windshield blades changed at no extra cost. I know people fight Walmart from setting up shop. But once they come in, they save money and time.....

No comments: